The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If surgery is a must: Dr. Desarda's technique is the one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Surgery Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LifeChange

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: If surgery is a must: Dr. Desarda's technique is the one. Reply with quote

After being diagnosed with a hernia recently, and being terrified for my life after reading all the horror stories, I have researched extensively on the subject (which is how I found this forum). It appears that a great man from India has stumbled upon a revolutionary surgical procedure. I know the spirit of this forum is to avoid surgery, but for some there is no choice, so I felt it was necessary to post this all who are suffering.

The technique is based on a new theory, essentially stating that the physiological make up of individuals prone to hernia differs from those who are not prone. His surgical technique thus changes the physiology of the patient by attaching tendon to the hernia site. He uses no mesh, there is no tension, recovery time is rapid, and all sutures are absorbable meaning there are zero foreign bodies inside you. What's more, he has released his technique to the world, royalty free. Here are videos of the procedure he has given as instructional and informational material to the world: [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/herniasurgery#p/u[/url]

This means any doctor can use it, and he hopes and encourages them to do so. The technique is easy and cheap to perform, thus no special training is required and many around the world are using it with great success. Here is a list of doctors around the world currently using his technique: [url]http://www.desarda.com/doctors-centers[/url]

He claims there is no recurrence because it is the cause, not the symptom. This is backed up by the tons of research published by his technique: [url]http://hernia-repair.webs.com/articles.htm[/url] and even videos of his patients walking, lifting, bending, a day after surgery: [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/herniasurgery#p/u[/url]

Other relevant links include his main website: [url]http://www.desarda.com/[/url], a detailed journal of someone having the procedure done by a U.S. surgeon: [url]http://www.rapidrecovery.net/hernia-4.html[/url] and a video of someone's entire trip to India documented on video, including surgery and the patient walking around and feeling great hours after surgery: [url]http://studioposeidon.com/revolutionary_hernia_repair.htm[/url]

As for me, I am going to try and hold off on surgery as long as possible. But if there comes a time when I need it, I will have Dr. Desarda's technique done by a U.S. surgeon. It appears he even posts on message boards and answers e-mails. I hope this information benefits you well.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lifechange,

I also have researched and conversed through email numerous times w/ Dr. Desarda. I also am healing my hernia on my own. But, just in case, this is the man I will turn to.

Its amazing he is giving his technology away and the Western world will not quite accept it yet. Insurance companies can not make a lot of money off this procedure, therefore they will not embrace it.
LifeChange

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update. I've been trying to discuss this on other forums and my topics were deleted from the two most popular hernia forums (which are run by Doctors), http://www.ehealthforum.com and North Penn Hernia Institutes forum http://members3.boardhost.com/NorthPennHernia/

It seems like established medical practitioners don't want this cheaper, easier, more effective and extensively studied procedure discussed, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I highly suggest you all spread the word online, to friends and family, etc. so that they have no choice but to acknowledge it and at the very least perform studies on it.

Here is a screen shot of the discussion before it got deleted, if you're interested. It was a nice discussion, although the individual clearly wanted to discredit Desarda's technique rather than have an honest talk. It still might be informative. http://postimage.org/image/fqhu1t5w/ Good luck guys, hopefully this is something that can help us stop suffering.
OTH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Desarda Repair Reply with quote

I had a double inguinal hernia repaired via Desarda method July 14, 2011.

The surgeon was cautious and bit skeptical, I emailed Dr. Desarda a few questions and forwarded his response to my surgeon who was pleased with the answers received.

I utilized a surgeon who had never utilized the method before, he was very glad to have been introduced a new method of inguinal hernia repair and was happy with how the method worked.

Surgery took about an hour, recovery from anesthesia another 3-4 hours. I walked gingerly and stayed in bed the first couple of days, but was able to get out of bed and use the restroom as needed.

Day 2-3 pain subsided and was able to get around okay. I did take 7 days off of work, (had surgery Thursday and returned to work 11 days later).

Dr's orders, no heavy (20+ lbs) lifting or exercise for 4-6 weeks.

I resumed exercise at week 6 (running cautiously about 2 miles 3 times that week, then increased running mileage to 5 miles 3 times the next and am over 25 miles a week since) and have not had any complications.

If you need surgery check it out, it fit my needs.

Last edited by OTH on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
vkes7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTH, please provide Dr.'s name and location
OTH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Fort Worth, TX you nearby?
moz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTH, i am in Oklahoma and in desparate need of a inguinal hernia repair. Please tell me how to reach this doctor in Ft. Worth so i can go there. thank you
OTH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Darnell

(817) 568-9600

He's also performed this method on a couple of co-workers who were injured on the job...
mark19401

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Desarda considered tension since adjacent muscle is used? Is the healing time longer than mesh?
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark,

If you email Dr. Desarda through his website, he will answer you directly. He seems like a genuine person and not full of BS like 75% of the Drs. out there.

Jake
mark19401

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jake, I emailed him a few times and he answered me every time. I found someone here in Florida named Dr Tomas who is also listed on the Desarda website. He also is good at returning my calls and emails and has 4 years with Desarda.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Please keep me informed of your progress and what you decide to do.

Jake
almetcalf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: DR Toma is official Desarda hernia Center for USA Reply with quote

[quote="mark19401"]I found someone here in Florida named Dr Tomas who is also listed on the Desarda website. He also is good at returning my calls and emails and has 4 years with Desarda.[/quote]
He is now going to be the official Desarda clinic in this country. Desarda himself will be there this May. I had my surgery 12 days ago there and everything is going fine so far. Really I didn't have much pain even in day 2 and 3. Documenting my experience here: http://thelibrarian.bravesites.com/entries/general/desarda-hernia-surgery
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear everything went well for you. That is a good and very detailed blog you wrote. It's weird, cause I am actually visiting the states soon to visit family and I may be around Florida during that time frame, but more than likely after Dr. Desarda leaves.

I think it may be a major hassle also by taking my holiday time recovering from surgery.

At this point in time, I have been "self healing" for close to two years w/o any pain and have been really swimming,riding and running alot with no pain. So it seems kind of backwards if I keep pursuing surgery.Another thing being that my lifestyle will be really hard to just sit on my A$$ for 6 to 8weeks as I need to work. My mind and spirit are so strong after suffering a move to a different country, divorce and no work in addition to having a hernia.

Hopefully some Aussie Doctors will take notice of this and start to incorporate it in their practice. Until then, if I am not hurting, I will continue on!!

Cheers,
Jake
abrogard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jake, can you give me some details of your 'self healing' process? I've been diagnosed with an inguinal hernia, both sides.

It's much worse this morning after prolonged repeated straining to please the ultra sound technician yesterday. I belatedly realise that's exactly what she was asking me to do: exacerbate the situation so's she could get clear pictures.

But I was lying down! The hernia recedes on lying down. Couldn't I stand up, I asked. No, she says, it's hard for them to do it that way.

I'd wager she's never tried. The bloody thing is hanging out willy nilly if you stand up...

Anyway, that's off the point I guess but does demonstrate how easy it is to get dissatisfied with the procedures of the established medical system - lots of room in it I'd imagine (hope) for some improvement.

Hence my question to you. How are you doing it?

regards,

ab
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Surgery Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: