The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electrostimulation To Grow Tissue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernias Healed Without Surgery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Electrostimulation To Grow Tissue Reply with quote

Electrostimulation devices are widely used for various ailments. I wonder if there is any ongoing research for electrostimulation to heal an inguinal hernia?
rancher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrostimulation of healing abdominal incisional hernias by low frequency, bipolar, symmetrical rectangular pulses. An experimental study.

Franke A1, Reding R, Tessmann D.
Author information
Abstract
A total of 107 male Wistar rats had abdominal hernias repaired (3 weeks after they had been artificially induced) by a two layer closure of the abdominal wall--the Mayo technique. The wounds of 56 rats were subjected to constant stimulation by an electric flow field. An implanted stimulation unit provided a low frequency (0.87 Hz), bipolar, symmetrical rectangular pulsed current (+/- 25 microA). A control group were given units that did not transmit current. In 39 of the 51 animals in the control group the muscle margins of the abdominal scars separated by between 1 and 5 mm. The scars of the electrostimulated animals were distinguished histologically by early formation of fibroblasts and deposition of collagen and the rapid maturation and longitudinal alignment of the collagen fibres. 46 of 56 of these scars were not separated. This technique may have a clinical application as adjuvant treatment for relapses of incisional hernias.

I found this:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2148248

Richard
Aristotle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rancher"]Electrostimulation of healing abdominal incisional hernias by low frequency, bipolar, symmetrical rectangular pulses. An experimental study.

Franke A1, Reding R, Tessmann D.
Author information
Abstract
A total of 107 male Wistar rats had abdominal hernias repaired (3 weeks after they had been artificially induced) by a two layer closure of the abdominal wall--the Mayo technique. The wounds of 56 rats were subjected to constant stimulation by an electric flow field. An implanted stimulation unit provided a low frequency (0.87 Hz), bipolar, symmetrical rectangular pulsed current (+/- 25 microA). A control group were given units that did not transmit current. In 39 of the 51 animals in the control group the muscle margins of the abdominal scars separated by between 1 and 5 mm. The scars of the electrostimulated animals were distinguished histologically by early formation of fibroblasts and deposition of collagen and the rapid maturation and longitudinal alignment of the collagen fibres. 46 of 56 of these scars were not separated. This technique may have a clinical application as adjuvant treatment for relapses of incisional hernias.

I found this:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2148248

Richard[/quote]

This is good stuff rancher thanks. There seems to be a lot of research into this field. Even healing a wound wirelessly.

Here is one paper published only 3 - years ago.

http://www.academia.edu/16242931/From_therapeutic_Electrotherapy_to_Electroceuticals_Formats_Applications_and_Prospects_of_Electrostimulation

With 600,000 inguinal hernia surgeries performed annually someone may have already perfected an electrostimulation technique to heal the wound. All someone has to do is dig deeply online until this technique can be either found or replicated.
rancher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle greetings, I have a TEMS, I thinks it's called I got years ago and used on an injury to my leg. I don't know if that the same sort of thing. It contracts the muscles and the duration of the pulse can be timed. Maybe not the same thing.

Richard

Well, reading that again maybe it is similar.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rancher"]Aristotle greetings, I have a TEMS, I thinks it's called I got years ago and used on an injury to my leg. I don't know if that the same sort of thing. It contracts the muscles and the duration of the pulse can be timed. Maybe not the same thing.

Richard

Well, reading that again maybe it is similar.[/quote]

Hi Richard,

What is your conclusion about the TEMS? Did it heal the leg injury?

Thanks,

A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernias Healed Without Surgery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: