The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cell Phones Contributing to Hernia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernias Healed Without Surgery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Cell Phones Contributing to Hernia? Reply with quote

I'm going out on a bit of a limb here, but something interesting happened to me that I feel I have to post.

For about 4 years I've been fighting with a small bi-lateral inguinal hernia. I've been wearing the support brace. Twice I had it to the point where I didn't need the brace, but felt a little too ambitious and lifted something large without wearing the brace too early.

This caused me to relapse into a full hernia that was very painful.

Recently I've been working for about 4 or 5 months on a homeopathic solution to try to repair the hernia -- and while it seemed to be getting better, it wasn't making a ton of progress.

I had finally gotten to the point where I could leave the brace off for a day, if I wasn't going to be lifting anything, but by the end of the day and the next day I'd be in a bit of pain.

On a completely unrelated whim, I stopped wearing my cell phone on my hip. About two weeks later I almost don't feel my hernia, and this past Saturday I didn't wear the brace all day -- did some minor cleaning/lifting of light objects around the house and didn't feel the "after affects" pain in the evening or the next day.

Coincidence, or do you think there's anything to that? Even though I'm a scientific guy, I'm certainly not going to stick it back on my belt to find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernias Healed Without Surgery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: