The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making good progress without surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Your Progress Reports (non-surgery methods only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seza

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Making good progress without surgery Reply with quote

Hi,

I am 47 years old male, otherwise healthy, about 8 months ago I noticed a bulge on my left groin, it turned to be an INDIRECT INGUINAL hernia.

Did not do much about it until the last couple a months, reading and researching on the Internet esp on this site inspired me to try and heal it without surgery.
Nothing magical, just change in lifestyle such as eating less, losing some weight (work in progress), joining gym and working to strengthen the core.

Happy to report that over the last week or so the hernia is kept at bay WITHOUT SUPPORT as long as i hold my lower abdomen in slightly, even if it pops out I push it back and do the Kegel routine (slight clench of buttocks followed by pulling in naval area).
Tend to work a lot better in the mornings after bowel movements.

Too early to conclude I have a cure here but the signs are there, I am not sure if there is anything I can take to speed up the "healing".

Anyway- this my 2cents in the hope that it will inspire someone else to help themselves and may be avoid surgery and get healthier in the process.

Best of luck to all.
ime95mos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of exercises do you do to strengthen the core?
seza

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixture of simple workouts, such Kegel floor muscle strengthening, some of the exercises mentioned in the hernia bible.
Lately I seem to have got lazy so the hernia is protruding more and more.
papafelipe17@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has your hernia been progressing??

I am 37, very active, and have a right inguinal hernia.

Smile
Philip
pvongert at gmail
raulm60

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello seza:

I also have inguinal hernia and I'm trying basically the same strategy.

If the bulge is still portruding from time to time, I think I would use a support anyway (a flat one, that should not worsen the rupture. I don't know if you have the flat pad support promoted here... I think there are others, not so expensive: I saw one on Amazon but I wasn't able to purchase one cause they won't send it to Spain).

It may be better to do exercices progresively and with care, even when I observed I can make almost any effort without the hernia bulging if I lay on my back, it may be better to pay close attention to sensations. I readed that you should begin streghtening the rectal muscle and then obliques but I'm not sure this is correct. In any case I think conventional exercices and some strong workout are useful, if you feel you can do it without straining the rupture. But if you do pilates, from my experience it is true that you need to look for a teacher to do it properly.

I think resting may be important also, and if you can lay down for 9 or 10 hours some days this may be good; or laying down a little the times you feel pain... the way I guess that the think works is because when muscles are restored stronger after work, some of the damaged fascia or aponeurosis or something also restores to some point... just guessing, but would mean that this is more likely to work when sedentarism had a rol in the hernia and the degeneracion process of the fascia can revert just with exercise, or perhaps if it was just a rupture due to a punctual excesive effort... but other measures could be necesary in other cases: detox? better nutrients? ease of stress or psichological issues? postural hygiene?

Also lately I'm giving more importance to relaxation specially after exercice. I do deep relaxation and try to meditate lying on my back and I think is important. But this may be because in my case some muscular tensions and back pains are specially involved Rolling Eyes I feel that for me is important to not having all my body in tension even doing exercise and learning to separate muscular work. In any case I would recomend relaxation after exercise... and meditation is good for everybody, or that's what I heared.

I would recomend some hipopressive exercises, but... I hurt myself doing one so do them with care and learn from a profesional if posible. I think they are specially good for this cause they suck the guts in reacomodating them, and also I think they stretch and put in place muscular fascia (without open any rupture, I think, since air presure act as support).
Oh! what I'm talking about? google uddiyana bandha for example.

I'm sure that there must be nutritional complements that would help but I know very little. I readed about a cured case that took great doses of vitamin C in form of calcium ascorbate and I think some protein complement (of course also done exercise: you can read at this link: http://falconblanco.com/health/herniaexchange.htm the page is big, so search "Boyd" in it).
I take a complement recomended by a friend that includes probiotics and minerals like silicon. A nice guy called Dwaine that I met casually in the web recomended confrey ointments and tea, that helped with his own IH healing.

And that's what I can think about know... sorry for the lenght I tend to write too much though I'm as missinformed as anyone, I guess Confused ... I just try to cooperate.

Greetings
rancher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raulm60~ Greetings~ hope you check back by and let us know how you are doing~ miss your input```

As for my hernia Left side IH~ it's better at times ~ did a lot of heavy work~ cutting firewood~ didn't help~ there was a bit of discomfort for a couple days~ plus I went without support for one day~ I wasn't working that day```

Be good if the OP comes by and does an update as well```

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Your Progress Reports (non-surgery methods only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: