The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My hernia experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Your Progress Reports (non-surgery methods only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: My hernia experience Reply with quote

In 2010 I was diagnosed a inguinal hernia on the left side. The bulge was small to medium and it has stayed that way. I guess the size depends on what food is in your intestine. When it's small it doesn't mean its getting better. If you had constipation and strained it without using your hand to push your hernia down it might bulge bigger. If you continue doing this it will get worse and worse. Long distance running can also make it bigger. The groin muscles during running are pushing the hernia out so I walk instead of running to keep the hernia in check. I wear flat pad supports every day (4 of them) and I treat them like it's a mesh but on the outside. They help somewhat. My diet is strict alkaline diet, and I do yoga almost every day and my weight according to BMI is normal. Nevertheless it seems like my hernia will never heal. I just wait and wait until a Desarda doctor comes along in my area. I thought of Dr. Tomas in Florida but I feel he and his staff are too hungry for money they pushed me too hard for money they turned me off. Dr. Tomas also made one mistake in one surgery and he was sued for doing surgery on the wrong hernia but didn't tell his patient his mistake (?). His ethic is questionable.
rancher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelC, Just read your post and will watch for your further posts to see how you are doing```

Richard
moey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive actually noticed the opposite of what you describe. If I do serious physical activity running and I play soccer as well. The soft tissue and every so slight bulge disappear. My groin becomes firm in that area it will stay that way for about 12 hours then Ill notice a area where the tissue feels soft again there. Although my case may be different as several doctors have had differing opinions as to whether I actually have a hernia. Although most have agreed that if its not technically a hernia right now it probably will become one. Ive had a CT scan and ultrasound both showed something but doctors were not definitive on it being a hernia.
MichaelC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Can you put your hand on your hernia and feel hard "bumping" the wall when you do coughing? You compare it to your other side that has no hernia and you can feel the difference. That was how my hernia doctor diagnosed me.

Another one is a little tricky. When taking a shower, as I left my leg up while standing, I feel something was thrusting out the hernia when I put my hand on it and I think a muscle was pushing out. The wall is weak.
rancher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael~How is your hernia today compared to when you first posted?

Richard
MichaelC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been the same. Neither get worse nor get better.
rancher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well~glad it has not worsened``` Mine is a wee bit better I think~ I workout rarely~ but I do work around the place```

Cutting firewood now~ maybe that type of work counts~ I wear a brace always~ except when in night clothes```

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Your Progress Reports (non-surgery methods only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: