The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flat pad replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Flat Pad Support Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubota

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Flat pad replacement Reply with quote

I have been wearing this support for over a year now and it has enabled me to continue my job as a grounds/maintenance person. I am very active and can even do quite heavy lifting with care - like moving pianos! I only have a hernia on my left side so I cut the straps off one of my supports (I have two) for greater comfort to use on light duty times. To avoid the chafing issue I wore it over my undergarments initially. The one issue I had was with the flat pad curling over time and beginning to cut into my abdomen. This was remedied by removing the pad and replacing it with one made from a plastic cover for an electrical box purchased for under $1.00 US at a local hardware store. It is somewhat thicker and stiffer and is working just fine. I expect it to hold up much longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Flat Pad Support Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: