The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Healing my hernia progress report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Your Progress Reports (non-surgery methods only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raulm60

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellow there

I said I should write more often so... I'm trying. I passed the last month trying to improve my phisical training but it really did't turn out so well, cause I haven't increased the load of my exercices as planed, and lately I'm giving myself a break and I did not exercice in a few days (well, strong exercice, cause I do some daily less intense exercice). I always had problems to control separately the abdomen and legg muscles, so my right legg is often a little tense, and this is one of the things that slow this progression... I learned and practice some stretchings and I think the break is helping, so I still hope I'll be able to increase my workload (I have some weights for the legg lifting exercices, and also I can try to do exercise with less rest between series)
Also wanted to be sure that my digestive sistem was all right cause I still feel that I got too much gas, so I thought a fast will be good... I learned about that yoga techniche for cleaning your guts that involves drink salty water (cause is hardly absorved by intestine walls) and do special exercices so the water runs all the way and is evacuated in short time, but some exercices were contraindicated for hernias so I was thinking in fasting just two or three days drinking some salty water and just let it do its way naturally.
But... I felt strange the day I stoped eating; and also stop going to the toilet (!) like if my body does not understand what I was doing, seeing no need for any fasting, and trying to retain... and I wasn't week at all or really hungry, but I felt just not in the mood... my body felt quite active, in the mood for getting and consuming energy. So I just broke it, only a day and a half or so, but the moment I started eating I relaxed and went to the toilet and I can say the salty water worked... my intestine didn't absorb it, so it was totally liquid although I felt all right (now I just hope this means that really cleaned a bit). I decided I'll just try to eat fennel often, for now.

After this... kind of cleansing, I hope, I started to take some hawthornia pills that I bought, you now, just in case they can be any help.

The last bike ride did not felt as good on the hernia zone as other times, so I also took a short rest in this, but I will keep trying, that probably was a bad day, or taking roads with too many bumps.

The sensations continue to bother and puzzle me a little; I was after those feeling... that the lower disturbance disapear and had some upper sensation like a little pinching instead, cause I'm under the impresion that this way the intestinal mass is somewhat better contained. But is... elusive, although I'm learning more on how to achive it I think.

Greetings.
rancher

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raulm~How are things with you now?

Richard
raulm60

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Agh! I was going to answer, and my laptop broked.

OK, maybe it's more that I broke it. Poured my tea all over Rolling Eyes

I think I'm making slow progress, so good, I supose.
Those sensations are a little less elusive...

Instead of retaking my old exercice habits, and seeing that pilates classes feel quite good on me now, I try to focus more on stretch, relaxation and technique in exercices more than in strenght.

Still, I'm being supercarefull with all my phisical activity so until I make some more intense effort or movement is hard to say if this is working, but I'm content with the fact that, even when terribly slow, the sensations in my lower abdomen does evolve and seem to transmit more stability and strenght...
Given that, since I started, hernia symptons have generally been decreasing (although slowly and irregulary), until some months ago where I felt a little stuck, I bet any change in my sensations is probably good sing.

I may be given a more complete report in a few days.... with my new laptop.

Greetings
vtyagi1010

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that you are doing well.
waiting for your further progress.
All the best.
rancher

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good we'ed like to hear.

Richard
raulm60

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Uff… I passed two or three tough days lately, but I think I’m doing OK now. I fear another looong post is on it’s way.

I’m really not very sure what has happened, but I was like depressed for two or three days, felt my abdomen somewhat worse, even felt the hernia coming out apparently, that has not happened in months… the funny thing is that I honestly cannot find a trigger to that, phisical or mental… and later, like the las four or five days, I have been much better, and I would say better than ever from my hernia.

It just happened that I began to feel too tired, pass a couple of days that didn’t achive the feeling I was seeking (that my lower abdomen is stable, is the best way I can explain in few words), and then felt discouraged, and at the same time too tense, maybe I overdid in some exercice and felt phisically a little worse… but the thing is that I just began to feel really depressed, like lonely and helpless. AND then I felt worse and apparently the hernia came out, but it was quite weird, cause it seemed to appear at a slightly different place, and it seemed to go lower but was quite small, very brief and did not notice it caming back when I inmediately laied down… so despite a quite clear sensation it may not be a proper portrusion of the hernia, but some visceral move, and in any case not seemed the same type that I had before, and seem to me very improbable that whatever it was would be visible... I was wearing the support, and maybe I would not have felt it so clearly if werent for it.

It is not really the first time that this happens, cause some months ago exercicing too hard I saw some bulge comig out briefly from a place that were not exactly the hernia location. I understand that there is a general weakness in the tissues of the transversalis fascia and/or too much pressure in the area; the good thing would be that the really worring zone is that of the hernia cause it is where the intestinal mass pressures often just for being standing up and doing normal activity, while other places must be very unlikely to give this kind of problem unless in a puntual moment with a very special effort, so that could not develope a rupture that may get worse over time… I mean, that must be the reason why inginal hernias came out just where they do, in the weakest-more stressed point (in my case as I said is a direct hernia so it is not suposed to come across the inginal canal, but to pass trough a weak point in transversalis fascia I belive).

In any case that really scared me, and not only began to wonder if what I was doing was indeed helping me, harming me in some other way, or was really efficient… I had to question myself, and
thought I have taken this way too much to heart. You know, I thought it was important for me, that this would be… let’s say simbolical strugle for other things to achive in life, a healing journey to improve all my phisical state and learn some discipline when I need it… but if now I’m like terrified to feel a little hernia coming out... (kind of normal to be pissed off after working for a hole year to heal, but still I’m overeacting).
So I thought I should calm down and keep my intention but being more serene and willing to accept what it comes out, cause as I said I’m planing on keeping my efforts until the end of summer and intend to start “normal life” then (...more of this later).

And then out of a sudden, or little less… one night I was a little pissed off I had to water some plants in my yard, thinking I would be unconfortable… but I felt quite well doing it, and then very relieved and went to bed in good mood. Since then, really everything seems to be going very well, including, and this is the most strange, my mood that went down and then up with no apparent reason.

Is somewhat like if I was sick and passed though this stages, with the hours with high fever and then the relief… ¿¿¿???
In any case the lesson should be that of calming down and taking things with perspective and accept what comes while still trying my best. The thoughs I had while I was bad are still valuable, but taken with more perspective: in fact I have always thought that I should try my best and not think in failure, but still be resanoable at the same time meaning not obsess to point wich could be counter productive and accept eventual failure if that’s the case… but that is allways hard to manege so to speak. And I think I kind of needed to write or express this also just to get rid of it, do not let it act as a taboo…
...I mean, when I talk about keeping this until the end of summer, I hope to be healed, and that even if not I’ll be improved enough to find myself confortable in a normal level of activity that I can mantain indefinitely, but hey, I do have the great luck to have an excellent social security so I can get surgery if rehabilitation reveals ineffective; this is not a new thought but something that I have allways known and as I somewhat resist to talk or even think too much about it the result is that I don’t get rid of fear. Is like if I thought considering it as begining to give up, but in reality I always considered it and just hiding it; stop doing so is more a relief.

I feel now this is indeed being a kind of a healing journey, and a worthwhile effort: I have improved my health and fitness, learn a few things, work on my emotions... I exepct to finish my healing succesfully but above all to be, you know, proud of myself… or, at least reasonable satisfied.

Greetings
rancher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raulm greetings, That was a long one, but good to read. I've been in the same place myself.
Couple months back I thought I felt a hernia on the other side and got in a panic~went to the emergency but they looked for something else~I wasn't pleased. I guess it was a strain from working or whatever.

I'm walking more but not exercising regularly. The hernia does seem a bit better. I go through all the things you described, loneliness and all.

It does sound like you're doing well. so keep doing what you feel is working, I'll have to back read your post to see what that is.

raulm, I thank you for coming back and posting it does help to read how you're doing, even reading of you frame of mind helps~I can see we all go through that sort of thing.

The girls are teaching me to ride a horse, it's a bit scary but getting better and doesn't seem to bother or cause problems with the hernia.

Until I read your next post I wish you the very best and progress with healing.

Richard

I just noticed the date you posted, glad I came back to check the site and found you had just been here.
raulm60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I’m still here, still trying to heal my inguinal hernia.

I have really not very much news to tell regarding my recovery measures and symptom evolution… to do a basic rewiew: I keep doing ab exercices, and some general exercice (mainly pilates, hipopresive exercices -abdominal vacuum- some yoga asanas and a variety of stretches and relaxation) and try to guide by my experience and intuition about what type of exercices, repetition and intensity level are the better for me. Instead of using leg weights I try to do more hard pilates moves, do them better or repeat a little more.I have passed through different levels of activity and now I’m resting a lot but realising that is not just rest what counts, is reach certain relaxation for the rest to be effective; I’m traying to taking this to activity also: do things not just slowly but moving in a relaxing way with attention but not fear and excessive tension, cause I belive this hindered my past trials at becoming more active.

The little annoyances I feel even though the hernia is reduced, bothered me from the begining, and I could see that at least some of them where very related to my hernia, cause a push or bulging may follow this sensations when are intensified: maybe guts presuring different points cause they’re not properly held or there are different weak points or a weak area. I think last time I wrote that the sensations I was seeking where less elusive… certainly there have been some ups and downs, cause some days or moments I feel just like before and feel is all pretty useless, but at least I can say that now is very much easier to change what I feel, the sensations are more fluid and the exercices or postures that I do to help seem to have more clear and fast effect. I think this is basically cause the area is becoming more flexible and less stiff and thight, cause lately I’m specially apreciating how usefull some relaxation exercices are. I think the trick maybe to just relax what must be relaxed and train what must be trained to break up improper adhesions and such.

As for a proper rupture healing… that must be an slow process and the hardness I suposse is that with an thight area, or to much movement, or other circunstances very hard to control, it just can’t happen. And for that reason I think I probably still have this injurie, or whatever it is, through this year it must been getting smaller or partially repaired and for that reason I do not usually feel the hernia bulging or throbing while wearing the support, like I did sometimes at the beggining and gradually less frecuently… last time I think I feel a proper hernia push seemed a really tiny sensation. I think I already said that there must be a general weakness on the area cause some of the sensations I feel seem like the guts pushing in other near place and I actually felt a bulging sensations and once saw a lump there, when exercicing too hard. So I must be carefull not to overthingten or my guts just may got out at another place like when you squeeze a water balloon with your hands.
I almost do not experiment with no support, except for some seconds to check that all seem fine; curiosly I do not feel any annoyance then, or sometimes when I tried for some minutes, and that’s why I intend to begin in the next weeks to do small walks with no support: if the hernia is reduced but the area is free of pressure I bet that will be good to me.
The last days, and ocasionally other times, I felt certain pain in the hernia spot very reminding the one I felt the months before my hernia bulged out for the first time, but only happens after some stretching and reaching certain level of relaxation, mostly before going to bed, so I’ll bet for a healing taking place there, though at this stage I’m mentalized that this is hard and I cannot know if and when I will achive a recovery.

The part I have almost given up for now is diet… I mean, is not that I eat a lot, at all, or that I like sugar or candy, I’m slim as a stick, eat moderately and still try to take whole bread, salads… fruit I admit I’m eating less lately. And I’m quite regular going to bathroom aswell.
BUT… regular or not, my transit times are usually 20+ hours, and I got a lot of gas. Not many times a day, but sometimes I really fart quite strongly -_-’ … I try to lay down and get my knees close to my chest in this ocasions.

And an issue where I could tell more is my psicological state, but is something more private and probably very annoying, though I wrote about it in the last post… but is still having some ups and downs and I still feel disapointed with myself when I see I keep stumbling with the same stones. I write privately sometimes to unburden myself. Now I’m quite well… in fact I usually write here when I’m in good mood... don’t mean that I only have one good mood day in a month or more, I’m also just lazy to write most time Razz
In any case it is definitely an oportunity to adress more issues in my life, and I hope at least I’m more conscious now of these issues… though, on the other side, as I’m devoting this summer to a last big effort recovery, I can’t do many physical things.

Regards
rancher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raulm, Hi, glad you came by this way. Sounds like you're doing things right.

Myself, well seem to bee a little better, Smaller ~not as large a bump can be seen when nude and standing. I must admit I'm don't exercise as often as I should~I did yesterday and the day before, but~ anyway I feel the exercise helps to strengthen the area and will try to be more faithful doing them.

I've been riding with the girls, horseback that is. Galloping is a lot of pounding, that worries me a bit so I try to just walk when on horseback.

I wear the support at all times except when sleeping and massage the area.

Having trouble with Internet~ let me post this

richard
raulm60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update.
Getting close to the end of the summer, I’m trying, veeery carefully, to check how I go without support. Surprise is that I feel better without it, indeed… or I would if I wouldn’t be in fear of the hernia comming out.

Despite paying quite attention to my exercices and stretches, I found that the nuisances that wearing the support causes me are not going away. Indeed for a while seemed like I could get rid of them, that’s when I wrote here that the sensations I were seeking for were “less elusive” and I many times did not feel this nuisance below the hernia zone. But ultimately it seems like this nuisance changes and moves a little, comes and go… but is still there. And not just that… the only proper hernia symptom that I feel is a throbing that feels very much like the hernia but not just in a lower place… also different in the way that it does not feel loose, driven by gravity… on the contrary is a very very sudden throb, quite small that feels more outwards that downwards and more driven by muscular tension or kind of spasm than gravity driven. It happened two times and it was not because I were doing some real effort or I was standing up for hours; one time I was indeed nervious and done some slightly sudden move, but not that much; the other time not even that, but I was probably tense cause that’s the thing: all this can put me tense, specially if I am paying attention to my hernia, checking something, trying something to see it’s all right... and is something I must try to avoid.

I had been doing quite intense exercices for a couple of weeks maybe, and the last three or four days I slowed down a little and concentrate in relaxing.

And as I said, generallly when I put away the support and gently check with my hand is all right. Indeed not generally, but every time; is just that this are still to few and above all too short times (couple of minutes, or sometimes 5 or 6 I suppose).

So I’m not sure if I should be trying to gradually get rid of support just from now, instead of waiting to my date (begin of auttum). Cause it seems to strain the lower zone but gives me security and in any case I have been wearing it and improving slowly, although I’m not sure I’m improving now.
raghuvamshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi raul, rancher, tyagi,

Nice to see that there are discussions going on at such personal pinpoint level to track the progress of improvement.

To introduce myself , I am raghuvamshi currently suffering from groin/Inguinal hernia for the past 3 yrs.
In Jan 2014, I got attacked with lung infection and due to which I has high dosage of antibiotics & gained weight of 20 kgs in 3 months.
in Jul 2014, I was diagnosed with Hernia and obviously I was adviced for a surgery which i rejected/ denied outright & its more trouble than being helpful.
1st 1yr I went to ayurvedic doctor and it relieved pain but did help much in curing. And my hernia protrudes out in the size of a Golf ball.
Later while looking for a better alternatives in Google, I found few naturopathy hospitals in Oct 2015 which I felt convincing because it does not suggest any medicines. Food & exercise are the only medicines, and I met the doctor.
With the diet & exercises suggested, I am continuing till date. in between i could not follow the diet seriously.

All of a sudden on 3 Jul 2017 after my daily exercise in the morning, I stood up and the hernia didn't pop out. I was expecting that it will come out after sometime but it didn't. Through out the day I was monitoring it but still no protrusion. After dinner, I was walking along with my son (2 yr old) and had to run suddenly, then the hernia popped out. But I could feel that my intestine is trying to push and the pelvic/abdominal muscles were stopping it from popping out. So, I concluded that day as a conincidence.

Last week, the same happened after my daily exercise in the morning, and this time it didn't come out for 2 days. during these 2 days, I tested myself in many ways, played TT, had heavy food outside but walked slowly. then I realized that this is NOT COINCIDENCE.
I could feel the push my in my pelvic region and my muscles pushing it back. At the end of 2nd day I really had heavy food (Ganesh prasadam) and few minutes before I went to bed, it popped out with little pain.
So, I am continuing my exercises seriously and can feel that the muscles are not giving much space for the intestines to protrude.
Hope my journey helps all readers who are suffering and thinking to undergo surgery.

Throughout this 3 yrs, I have been playing cricket, Volleyball & TT occassionally with support belt (not the readymade one, its LANGOT).

I can say only one thing to this forum which is my realization- exercise as much as you can, keep laziness/mediocre mindset aside. Our laziness is the biggest threat!!!
Then Hernia is nothing, it can definitely be cured naturally.
All the Best!!!!
rancher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings to you in India, Just read your post and am happy to hear of your progress```

I agree with you about keeping active, laziness is the enemy~he has attacked me and stopped me from doing exercise~also I keep forgetting```

My hernia does not pop out, but I can feel that it is still there as a weakness~I do wear a support and have gotten better at putting it on~at first I couldn't tell if I was doing it correctly or not.

Interesting to hear from you all the way from India. Good luck to you and continued healing```

Richard

मैं अर्मेनियाई हूं
rancher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raulm~I missed your post~haven't been by this way as often~I always wear a support except after a bath at night.

Sound like you're doing well, that's good to hear```

Thanks for taking the time and posting`it's encouraging```

Richard
raulm60

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello raghuvamshi and thanks for writing.

Your story is interesting and encouraging, although experience show that most times hernia is some hard and slow to heal; so a little more than nothing... but not much more Wink we have to be positive as much as active, don't we?

I wanted to ask you if you usually wear some support for normal activity or only when you play sports or maybe working.

Greetings to rancher also.

regards
rancher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings raulm, I just read your post~from a month back, I wear a support. I'm doing well```

I'm going back to read the posts before your last to see if I've missed anything```

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Your Progress Reports (non-surgery methods only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: