The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balanced Bodies, 445B Carlisle Dr. Herndon, VA 20170. USA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Recommended Pilates Instructors
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Balanced Bodies, 445B Carlisle Dr. Herndon, VA 20170. USA. Reply with quote

Hi,
If you live in or around the Herndon area in Virginia (USA), I would recommend contacting Balanced Bodies. Carrie Smith is the owner/director of the company and Joanne Gerachis is my Pilates instructor. Both Carrie and Joanne have worked with clients that have had injuries, such as hernias as well as clients that are recovering from surgery. I was impressed with their level of knowledge and experience as well as their genuine interest in my condition. I know that they both checked out the Hernia Bible web site and Joanne reviewed and printed out the recommended Pilates exercises. She immediately understood that I needed to focus on the mat exercises, which I could practice at home on a regular basis, rather than the apparatus, which I could only use during my instructor training sessions. I felt that my training session was tailored to my particular health condition (the hernia) and Joanne was fully aware of any movements or exercises that could aggravate the hernia. We covered most of the recommended Pilates exercises and introduced some small variations. Before I made an appointment at Balanced Bodies, I had been to another Pilates instructor at a different company about a week before, but that instructor practically ignored what I told her regarding the recommended exercises on the web site and we spent the entire training session on the apparatus.

I was so confident in the ability of Joanne at Balanced Bodies that I signed up for a block of 6 lessons. There are other instructors at the company who are also very experienced.

The contact information for Balanced Bodies is as follows:

Balanced Bodies
445 B Carlisle Dr,
Herndon, VA 20170.
USA.
Tel: 703 435 4553.
Web site: http://www.bbodies.com
E-mail: info@bbodies.com
daveva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that I posted my recommendation as the "guest user", but my user name on the Hernia Bible web site is: daveva

Thanks,
David.
Aristotle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Balanced Bodies, 445B Carlisle Dr. Herndon, VA 20170. US Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]Hi,
If you live in or around the Herndon area in Virginia (USA), I would recommend contacting Balanced Bodies. Carrie Smith is the owner/director of the company and Joanne Gerachis is my Pilates instructor. Both Carrie and Joanne have worked with clients that have had injuries, such as hernias as well as clients that are recovering from surgery. I was impressed with their level of knowledge and experience as well as their genuine interest in my condition. I know that they both checked out the Hernia Bible web site and Joanne reviewed and printed out the recommended Pilates exercises. She immediately understood that I needed to focus on the mat exercises, which I could practice at home on a regular basis, rather than the apparatus, which I could only use during my instructor training sessions. I felt that my training session was tailored to my particular health condition (the hernia) and Joanne was fully aware of any movements or exercises that could aggravate the hernia. We covered most of the recommended Pilates exercises and introduced some small variations. Before I made an appointment at Balanced Bodies, I had been to another Pilates instructor at a different company about a week before, but that instructor practically ignored what I told her regarding the recommended exercises on the web site and we spent the entire training session on the apparatus.

I was so confident in the ability of Joanne at Balanced Bodies that I signed up for a block of 6 lessons. There are other instructors at the company who are also very experienced.

The contact information for Balanced Bodies is as follows:

Balanced Bodies
445 B Carlisle Dr,
Herndon, VA 20170.
USA.
Tel: 703 435 4553.
Web site: http://www.bbodies.com
E-mail: info@bbodies.com[/quote]

Thank you for this advice. I will contact them now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Recommended Pilates Instructors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: