The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The British Hernia Centre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernia Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thistle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: The British Hernia Centre Reply with quote

Read an advert today in paper for The British Hernia Centre. Checked their site out and it looks pretty impressive. Anyone know anything about this hospital?
Cyprusmike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: The Bitish Hernia Centre Reply with quote

Check out Bender's posting on 19/09/2013 on page 3 of Flat Pad First Impressions (on Flat Pad Support Feedback) as he recently had an operation there and gives a comprehensive review.
Thistle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I spotted the post after i submitted mine. Interested to see how it panned out out for Bender.
lao_ding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BHC is only 'British' in name- a lot organizations (try 'The Federal Reserve Bank' which is anything but 'federal') do this to give themselves more authority. Actually British public health policy seems to lean now on 'watch and wait' while the BHC is 'don't wait or it will be too late!'

They may do a great job- I wouldn't know. I'm not rich enough to be able to fly around the world for a hernia repair. I do know they're scare-mongers and the only advice they'll ever give anyone with a hernia is that you need surgery, the sooner the better. The will make it sound as if IH is a fatal condition, which it is not. It can lead to a fatal condition, but who here reading this actually knows anyone who died from IH bowel strangulation, or who even had it and was hospitalized? Anyone under 60 doesn't count, as this sort of complication is confined mainly to the elderly and to children.

And that is why I do not like or support this group. I want to the facts; they want to treat the body like a machine and charge big for parts and labor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernia Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: