The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Femoral hernia advice/ NHS treatment in Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernia Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southlondongirl1

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Femoral hernia advice/ NHS treatment in Europe Reply with quote

Hi

Following power walk I experienced spontaneous labial swelling, followed by spontaneous black bruising (no injury or impact) with small labial lump, 4 days later a second spontaneous bruise appeared above pubic bone (A&E thought it was infected haematoma - later ruled out by ultrasound), 2 days later groin pain got worse. Paid to see a private gyne consultant oncologyst who suspects femoral hernia (MRI scans pending).

Problem is is this bank holiday fortnight - GP urgent referral sent last thursday to the consultant who will see me in her NHS practice- symptoms getting worse - yesterday 3 hours of hip and thigh pain and today I'm having problems walking and the dull ache no longer abates, aching when I urinate. Most web info posts refer to inguinal or sports hernias and their repair. I'm really concerned about mesh repairs and their tendency to cause chronic pain and worried about damage using keyhole. I always thought hernia repair was straightforward - not so it seems for those of us who are active.

Anyone got any advice/experience of femoral hernias? - (1) I'm paranoid about strangulation - other than intense pain, nausia, redness are there any other progression indicators? (2) Given the 10 week wait and its been nearly 3 weeks since my first symptomsI am thinking of going to Berlin,Germany and claiming the fee from my PCT - anyone tried this?

Replies gratefully received - thanks
LaoDing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Femoral hernia advice/ NHS treatment in Europe Reply with quote

[quote="Southlondongirl1"]Hi

Following power walk I experienced spontaneous labial swelling, followed by spontaneous black bruising (no injury or impact) with small labial lump, 4 days later a second spontaneous bruise appeared above pubic bone (A&E thought it was infected haematoma - later ruled out by ultrasound), 2 days later groin pain got worse. Paid to see a private gyne consultant oncologyst who suspects femoral hernia (MRI scans pending).

Problem is is this bank holiday fortnight - GP urgent referral sent last thursday to the consultant who will see me in her NHS practice- symptoms getting worse - yesterday 3 hours of hip and thigh pain and today I'm having problems walking and the dull ache no longer abates, aching when I urinate. Most web info posts refer to inguinal or sports hernias and their repair. I'm really concerned about mesh repairs and their tendency to cause chronic pain and worried about damage using keyhole. I always thought hernia repair was straightforward - not so it seems for those of us who are active.

Anyone got any advice/experience of femoral hernias? - (1) I'm paranoid about strangulation - other than intense pain, nausia, redness are there any other progression indicators? (2) Given the 10 week wait and its been nearly 3 weeks since my first symptomsI am thinking of going to Berlin,Germany and claiming the fee from my PCT - anyone tried this?

Replies gratefully received - thanks[/quote]

I think I have femoral symptoms as well after a failed mesh repair. Just got to China and have no idea what to do. Very little info and very scary indeed. I'm male by the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernia Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: