The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hernia not JUST a physical weakness??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernias Healed Without Surgery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nivlm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Hernia not JUST a physical weakness?? Reply with quote

In the six months since I discovered that I “now have a hernia” I have searched for information about the “causes of hernias” and about the “cures”.What I have found is an awful lot of opinion and a lesser amount of fact, but the main thing that I have concluded is this: Each and every hernia is different. It is in a different human body with a different physical, mental and emotional environment. It seems logical therefore that the cure/remedy for the hernia will very likely be different as well, with commonalities for sure but differing details.

Simply put what works for one may not work for another. This goes for a surgical approach also and the problem here is that almost all doctors see surgery as the ONLY “cure/fix”. Again, every body is different and sometimes surgery works OK. Mostly our society accepts this “Mr. Fixit” approach to everything, and certainly does NOT give much credibility to a Holistic Approach to human problems, nor indeed to the ever increasing environmental problems of our world.

Sticking to the subject of Hernias, there is a strong body of evidence that hernias are not just physical ruptures in the abdominal wall as a result of “over exertion/straining”, but rather have mechanical, chemical and emotional “causes or co-factors” ie: the mind/body continum. This is NOT something our modern societies accept easily, certainly not Western society.

I know that for myself I WANT to believe that Everything is inter-related to everything else, that our physical well-being is intimately connected to our mental/emotional well-being (or in my case the lack of same!!), but this is not something that I learned as I grew from infant to adult. Now at the age of almost 71 yrs. I can see the wisdom of this “oneness” but it is very hard to really Believe and put into practice. The mechanical quick-fix is ingrained into us for everything nowadays and not just for medical issues.

I certainly don't believe that healing a hernia of any type is a short simple process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernias Healed Without Surgery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: