The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index
Forum for groin pain and inguinal hernia
Hosted by www.herniabible.com and www.thesupportcompany-uk.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I Healing Naturally?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernias Healed Without Surgery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chantra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Am I Healing Naturally? Reply with quote

Hi folks, new member here. I was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia about two years ago and was scheduled to have laparoscopic surgery in June this year. However, having read threads on this forum and various blogs on the 'net, I am having second thoughts about the surgery.

My situation is more complicated than some as I had a heart attack in July 2010 and take aspirin, a beta blocker and an ACE inhibitor daily. I would have to suspend some of these prior to the surgery if I decide to go ahead. That worries me.

Anyway, I know that this is not a medical site, so I'll just ask for personal experience. Although there is a gentle bulge on the left side of my groin, it is not the golf ball it used to be. Also, there is no pain now. There used to be a lot of pain initially, particularly when standing for a certain length of time, or walking for more than 45 minutes. Now that I've retired (early, I'm 55), I have cut down on walking as an exercise and taken up swimming. I have not had any pain for the past four months and the bulge has significantly reduced.

Could it be that there is a certain amount of healing going on? Does no pain equal no problem (or not much of one)?

Thanks for this site and for any replies.

Ed

BTW, I eat very well and am not overweight (1.8 m, 75 kgs).
Juba

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I Healing Naturally? Reply with quote

If the bulge has got smaller and the pain has gone away, then it is certainly partially healed. To heal it fully, I suggest that in addition to walking and swimming you do some of the targeted yoga or pilates exercises that I and other people have recommended. Herbal medicine and a flat-pad support would also be helpful.
Chantra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, Juba.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hernia Support Forum Forum Index -> Hernias Healed Without Surgery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: